Tuesday, 22 September 2009

My last 5 days

Wake up early, get into car, go to airport, get onna plane (big big bigger plane) fly to exotic Melbourne with the munchkin.
The weather was horrid when we got there but we braved a walk around town after checking in. Got to have nommy Lord of the Fries for lunch. Who knew vegetarian burgers could taste so very very good?
Spent a few hours at the apartment lounging around watching a dvd and generally trying to have quiet time.
Noticed that we were right around the corner from Koko Black so we went for some hot chocolate (I was getting bored of the apartment and had dried out sufficiently from our last foray)
Later that afternoon lovely chums came and visited and there was dinner at a nommy (if horrifically slow) chinese place up the road and games and frivolity.

Meanwhile in Sydney, Nw had picked up the keys to our lovely house. Hoorah for nothing going wrong in the last 6weeks!

Weather was much much better. Sunshine and pretty clouds and everything.
After much indecision we decided on the the farm rather than the zoo.
The farm is Collingwood Childrens Farm and it was the awesome.
Paddocks to wander about it in, animals to pet and feed and tell off for making messes (the chickens didn't pay any attention to him though) and especially the goats to be mobbed by.
Another light snack at the Farm Cafe fortifies us for the trip to see Spyd and AJ.
Afternoon of the boys running around like porkchops and playing games. A hoot was had.
Friday evening was the warcrack gathering of delightfulness.
Much pizza and even more dessert was consumed. Much chatting and giggling was heard and enjoyed. Torby even slept through a large chunk of it.
The cab ride back to town was badly timed - a football match had ended and the roads were full of stripey people. Pesky stripey people

Up sparkly early to get washed and dressed and breakfasted and packed in time to meet Megzz n Smurg for the drive to Ballarat for H&A's wedding. A pleasant drive later, we check into the hotel and wish for the rain to go away and get ready for the ceremony.
H&A were beautiful and radiant and oh so happy. Everything you want to see in a couple on their wedding day.
After it all wrapped up we retired back to the motel and made dinner plans for the place next door. Whilst being very convenient, the food was nothing to write home about but there was a playground for the children to be entertained in.
We then gathered back in the apartment bit of the motel we were staying in and chatted and had some snacks and some beverages. A few of us managed to stay awake until all of 11pm like the grown-ups we were.

Meanwhil in Sydney, Nw is spending an unanticipated 5hours with a very chatty locksmith who is changing all the locks at our new house. Lucky Nw!

After Torby commandeered my bed halfway through night as his was too cold (kicking all the blankets off will do that) we woke up in different beds but he once again he hopped into bed with me. I soon realised it was not out of affection, I was simply closer to the dvd player and he wanted to watch his dvd. Horrid child.
Breakfast was had, packing was done, coffee was drunk, waiting happened, Speedy, TDN and D drove us to the airport, Torbynaps happened in the car, meltdowns happened at the airport. All to be expected really.
The flight was uneventful (what more could you ask for), Torby threw up about 2steps into Sydney airport (drinking too much juice he claims - I think it was that and the fact that he was knackered by this point) but swiftly forgotten when we finally got to see Nw again.
Despite a lot of really lovely moments over the weekend, seeing him made me the happiest I'd been.
The boys trotted off to the park when we got home and I had a bit of a rest. mmmm rest.

Torby woke up at some ungodly hour and Nw got up to keep hoim quiet in the living room once we realised that he really wasnt going to lie next to us quietly.
An hour later, I roused myself so we could wish Nw a happy birthday and lavish him with presents and kisses.
I may or may not have then crawled back to bed after calling in sick and exhausted to work.
A lot more sleep was had and the world became a less painful place.
Nw returned home from a morning at work with some beautiful smelly roses for me and we went up the road for a yummy lunch to celebrate being married for 7years.
the afternoon passed pleasantly until it was time to collect the munchkin from daycare and go to the new house (mainly so I could my new keys in my new front door - There may or may not have even been a happydance) and go to 'the restaurant with M&J andthe girls for birthday ninner.
Candles were blown out and then relit so each of the kids could blow the out by themselves.
After returning home, we curled up on the couch and watched some more Big Love
Yes the strangeness of watching a show avboit polygamy on our wedding anniversary was not lost on us.

So in the last 5 days, I've had big adventures, managed to wrangle a short loud person in a different city, acquired a new house, acquired a 40yr old husband and racked up 7years of marriage. No wonder I'm a wee bit sleepy.

Oh there's a few photos from melbourne here. Mainly of the farm.

Now I really should cease procrastinating and get dressed for work despite really wanting to crawl back into bed and sleep for another few hours/days/weeks.

No comments: