Tuesday 27 January 2009

the painful, the woot and the insane

I decided to go to Sweet Land on the way to the train staion today and get some yummy yummy Lady's Arms (the interwebs have failed me and I can't find a link to provide you with to explain them. Imagine a ricotta yoghurty cream wrapped in Filo pastry then syrupy goodness over the top, a teensy sprinkling of ground pistachio and you're kind of there) to take to Fight Club for a desserty treat. The lovely Miss Mel had decided to make a tiramisu for dessert. So much delicious dessert, so little dessert stomach. Oh, the pain

I bought a new headset/mic thingy for my computer for warcrack nerdery and it works. Le Woot!

Oh and The Jabberwocky has been going through my head all day. Muttering it under my breath at work has dine nothing to prove my sanity to my boss. Oh well

4 comments:

Hunydd said...

'Twas brilling and the slithey toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.

I don't know how right I am - that's from memory from when I learned it off-by-heart when I was 11. Kind of explains some things about me, doesn't it?

anti ob said...

Just the place for a Snark, the Bellman cried As he landed his crew with care Supporting each man on the top of the tide with a finger entwined in his hair.

Just the place for a Snark, I have said it twice - That alone should encourage the crew. Just the place for a Snark - I have said it thrice - what I tell you three times is true.

That and the Jabberwock are about the only poetry I can still do off by heart, and both by Carrol.

Impish said...

Boojums and snarks always remind me of Robert Heinlein.

The jabberwocky is worth getting memed into your head. After all, who doesn't want a vorpal sword to go snickersnack?!

Mousicles said...

I love the snark. I must get a proper version of the Hunting of the Snark musical version...

Hoorah for nonsense poetry.