Monday 11 January 2010

late nights = tetchy days

Wednesday, M&J and the girls dropped around for ninner. It was lovely, the kids ran around like porkchops. Bedtime was about 9:30 (by the time all the ritual had been observed etc)

Thursday was a bit special in regards to overtired Torby.

Friday was a bbq at Fliss'. (Hooray for afternoon's in the sun might I add). Many kids running around like porkchops (except fopr when they were calmly standing in line for icecream - I have photographic proof and everything)
A few of them (Torby included) stayed up late and watched 'My Neighbour Totoro'. Eventual bedtime - about 9:30 (he passed out in the car on the way home)

Saturday was a weeeeee bit special.
Saturday afternoon the boys went off to Pete n Ana's for fun and frolics while I stayed home feeling like death warmed up. (Needless to say, I felt a bit better after i woke up at 3am to hurl what dinner I'd managed to eat)
From all reports, the kids ran around like pork chops and had a hoot.
Bedtime was about 8 (I think)

Sunday was mostly okay.

Anyone see a pattern emerging?

I love that he's now old enough to stay up late and run around like a porkchop and even watch a dvd or play games quietly. It means greater freedom for us and him. The price to be paids the next day is certainly less than it was when he was younger, but it's still there. Hateful consequences. Why must you vex me so.

Tonight shall be a very early night for him I think.

Hmm, is 5pm too early do you think?

No comments: