Tuesday 17 November 2009

menu plan for xmas eve - so i don't forget

Due to M&J being in deepest darkest renovation land, we'll be hosting Christmas Eve Family Ninner at Casa del Huntington-Smythe
At this stage it's 9 adults and 5 kids
Not entirely sure where we'll seat everyone but I have plans of swapping dining and living room around for the evening if we need to be indoors but hopefully the weather will be kind and we can all loiter outdoors.
I'm really looking forward to it.

I think (I know, I know, I really shouldn't, it just makes my head hurt) that the menu will be;
Crab cakes with corn salsa
Something with smoked salmon (blinis maybe?)
Asstd dips and nibbles

Butterflied lamb on the bbq (maybe marinated in yoghurt and garlic and stuff, I shall be experimenting soon) then sliced thinly
Cous-Cous with pine nuts etc
Some kind of crunchy green..beans and asparagus??

Rhubarb and Yoghurt Fool or maybe get the recipe for Cranberry jelly from DrQ or gelato ro something..man I suck at desserts!

oh and fish fingers and frozen peas for the kids..of course :)

Any suggestions?

I like that other than the fish fingers, the oven isn't involved, a lot of it can be done beforehand and assembled quickly and I have time to experiment with the few new recipes beforehand.

No comments: