Wednesday 22 September 2010

Dinner at Restaurant Blancmange was deeeeeelightful!
The walk to and from was lovely and slightly spooky through Petersham Park. Parks at night are always a bit spooky and never to be attempted without company.
We ate dericious food (mmm velvety melty house-cured trout mmm) and drank a really nice bottle of wine (Principia Pinot Noir 2007 for future reference)
The service was lovely and charming and amusing.
Not only did Nw get a sparkler and Happy Birthday written on his cheese plate but I must have mentioned it was our wedding anniversary as we got a lovely scoop of blood orange sorbet with Happy Anniversary scrawled on the plate.
We got to chat and giggle and argue over correct knife and fork placement and pretend we were grown-ups again.
Deeeeeelightful!

It's been an 8 years (plus the 4pre-wedding) filled with ups and downs and good bits and bad bits and boredom and over-excitement and I wouldn't have it any other way.

4 comments:

anti ob said...

Hurrah for multi-purpose parties, and anniversaries, and yes, even birthdays. I still find it weird when I catch people treating me like a grown-up...

Hunydd said...

Aww. All warm and fuzzy. I love that so many of us have found someone that we can muddle our way through life with.

@ Ob - it's even weirder when you find yourself acting like a grown-up...

anti ob said...

Huh. That one hasn't come up very often.

DV said...

I keep waiting for the day that the grown-up fairy comes along and turns us into adults. I may be waiting a while