Tuesday 5 September 2006

Grrrr, I mean, yay!!!

I was going to write a post about how the family assitance office people belong in a sheltered workshop because they have sent me two letters now claiming that I can't get Family Tax Benefit part A or B because I don't have an eligible dependant child. Apparently, Torby goes out at night and stacks shelves at Coles or something.

However, I called them to say 'what the f***!! and apparently it has all been sorted out and the nice man was very apologetic and the money is in the process of getting to me via the ATO who will deduct my tax debt from it (Is it wrong to not do your taxes for a billion years and forget about that student loan? Apparently yes!) which means I will no longer have a nasty debt and will get extra money. yay for me.
See it is profitable to have children. I might go down to the local RSL tonight, get liquored up and have some more. I hear the initial bonus is up to $4,000-.

7 comments:

MrSnerg said...

No fair! How are guys supposed to pay off their student loans? Also... are you still eligible for the baby bonus if you sell your baby off "for science"? Could pay the loans off even quicker that way...

Destructomeg said...

$4000 huh! I wonder how many kids I could pop out and then sell to pay off my debts... hmmm ...

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

there's lots of people willing to pay good money for nice white babies!!

Mindy said...

Only problem is Destructomeg is that you start to come attached to the little tackers, even when they are three year olds. You sorta get used to having them around. And they create more debts.

Miss Eudoxia said...

My good mate/financial advosor tells me the average cost of raising a kid to 15yrs old nowdays is about half a mill. Think of what you could have spent all that money on!

DV said...

I was thinking of training them up for baby racing. babies, greyhounds, who can tell the difference these days??

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

greyhounds are skinnier, and move faster.

but they're not as funny!