- That he is loved
- The power of friendships. They can make all the difference in the world. He will have good ones and bad ones in his life, I just want him to know the difference in the end and hopefully have more of the former than the latter.
- School is a phase you go through. It's not the best years of your life, they come later when you can appreciate them.
- Life is hard and not always fair.
- To know when and how to ask for help when he needs it.
- Knowledge is a great thing. Learn everything you can and more importantly learn to think for himself.
- Personal grooming and manners are important and first impressions do matter. Looking nice and saying please and thank you and may I help are excellent things.
- Stupid people are everywhere.
- That he is worth it.
- That his mother likes being given flowers and lots of them :)
Thursday, 3 January 2008
The things I want my son to know
In my trawling of teh inetrwebs (oh I'm so cool) I've come across a few '5 things I want my child to know' meme things..here's mine