Thursday 3 January 2008

The things I want my son to know

In my trawling of teh inetrwebs (oh I'm so cool) I've come across a few '5 things I want my child to know' meme things..here's mine
  1. That he is loved
  2. The power of friendships. They can make all the difference in the world. He will have good ones and bad ones in his life, I just want him to know the difference in the end and hopefully have more of the former than the latter.
  3. School is a phase you go through. It's not the best years of your life, they come later when you can appreciate them.
  4. Life is hard and not always fair.
  5. To know when and how to ask for help when he needs it.
  6. Knowledge is a great thing. Learn everything you can and more importantly learn to think for himself.
  7. Personal grooming and manners are important and first impressions do matter. Looking nice and saying please and thank you and may I help are excellent things.
  8. Stupid people are everywhere.
  9. That he is worth it.
  10. That his mother likes being given flowers and lots of them :)

No comments: