I have a few friends whose lives have become a bit sucky for one reason or another lately and I'm sitting here wallowing in self-pity because I have a manky sore throat fluey thing and I'm supposed to finish a report for work and fly to exotic and ovely melbourne to see a friend get married on the weekend and I feel like crap. Then I read a post on a maothery forum place about a lass whose 18mth old has just died from luekemia and I realised that maybe life aint so bad after all. So go on, remind yourself ofd all the good stuff you have going on. I'll start.
- I have a lovely husband who seems to be quite fond of me
- I have a healthy, happy and oh-so cute son
- I have friends and family who have healthy, happy, oh-so-cute (but not as cute as mine, of course) children
- I have cunning friends who love me and look out for me.
- I have a job that I don't hate and pays me enough to live on.
- I live in a country where I can say "little johnny is a conniving prat who could commit murder live on tv the day before the election and still win because we as a nation are stupid" and not get shot (yet)
- I have a bunch of very nice siblings.
- I am not dying of anything (well, except for old age)
- If I get sick, I can get free healthcare.
- I'm not in jail
- I had a fabulous weekend with lovely people and did lots of shopping and cahtting and drinking and all sorts of good stuff.
- I have access to goodd food and a clean water supply.
- I'm not buried under a ton of rubble after my voillage was destroyed by an earthquake.
- I have a house to live in.
- I have a lovely apple tart thing that finn made for saturday night to eat later today