Thursday 10 February 2011

Torbyboy was wrecked yesterday when I picked him up from after-school care. Burst into tears upon seeing me and the clung like a limpet for about 5 minutes kind of wrecked.

We walked home to the whines and moans of protest as I suggested that he was too tired to play on computer when we got home and that a movie and a bath and early bed was the plan.

We got home, I denied him something and again suggested that he was a bit over-tired so he flounced off to his room and slammed the door. I marveled that he was being quiet instead of howling about the injustice of it all.
A few minutes passed and I went in to see how he was and give hugs and kisses and lure him out, only to discover that he'd fallen asleep on the floor.

Not
Tired
!

I took his shoes and shorts off and put him into bed (to the muttered sleepy cries 'I don't need sleep') and left him there with the hopes that he would sleep through.

Nope.

Woke up at 7:00, had some dinner, had a bath and then back to bed at 8:30.

He's now awake (I knew the sleep-in was too much to hope for) but his eyes are no longer red with black circles so I count it as a victory of sorts.

No comments: